.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Taxing Tuesday

10 p.m. Today was a pretty good day. I did get up at 6, which is terrific. But it was pouring rain, so we didn't run. Instead I wrote yesterday's blog and I had a good long meditation. Things were calming down a little at work, and I got a lot of things accomplished. In the evening Barbara and I pulled together our tax information. I am a little embarrassed to admit that I do not do my own taxes. I gather the facts and send it all off to my friend Rick, who always does a good job for us. I am willing to pay him to make sure I am not doing anything foolish on my tax returns.

Three things I am grateful for today:
  • My financial security. We sure aren't rich, but I am not in dire straits by any means. I can sleep well not wondering where our next meal is coming from. On a global perspective I (like most Americans) am richer than about 99 percent of the world's population. I saw that on a Web site somewhere. It was amazing.
  • My bed. It is comfortable. Isn't that nice?
  • My spiritual perspective. I had lunch with my friend Steve, who is a minister, and we discussed the benefits of seeing things through a spiritual perspective. I am blessed to be able to do that sometimes.
(132/169)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home