.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunny Sunday

11 a.m.: Yippee! Yahoo! Oh boy-oh-boy!
This morning Barbara picked up the mail that was delivered yesterday. It included a royalty check for sales of my textbook from July through December. I was astonished. They sold another 1,544 books, so I got a check for $4,251! It is like found money, since I never expected to make money off of the book. I am overjoyed. I wish I could go buy something extravagant, but I had better just pay off some bills. Anyway, it is an unexpected delight.

10 p.m.: The day continued to go well. I concentrated on the Cape Sangha, our meditation group. We are planning a Day of Mindfulness on April 22, and I spend much of the afternoon planning, organizing and writing a press release. Then at 3 we had out discussion group, followed by the regular sangha sitting at 4:30. Both went very well. Although I have a lot of things on my plate, it certainly helps when I concentrate on one subject at a time.

Tomorrow the subject of the day of grading papers.
(192/172)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home