.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Mindful money management

9 p.m.: Sunday is my day of mindfulness. Unfortunately I also had to take care of business today. Barbara and I have both been too ill or too busy to pay much attention to our finances for far too long, and we both realized we desperately needed to get a handle on it today. So we spent several hours in the middle of the day going through bills and checks and organizing everything. Fortunately, everything is OK, and we won't end up in the poor house. Unfortunately, it was not a very spiritual enterprise.
But I did get to go lead the sangha in the afternoon, and that was very spiritual, mindful and fulfilling. I also got to talk to good friends there about spiritual matters.
Then, in the evening, I watched West Wing, which I enjoy. I am sorry they are canceling it.
I talked to Vivi today, and we are going to resume our morning runs Tuesday. I think I am finally bealthy enough to run.
Three things I am grateful for:
  • My health. I am particularly grateful that I am usually able to go for a nice run. I love running, and I am blessed to be able to do that.
  • My neighborhood. I live in a beautiful, peaceful, quiet neighborhood that is a lovely place to go running.
  • Trees. I am grateful for trees. I love trees.
    (150/169)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home