.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Tired Friday

It's 9:30 p.m., and I am too tired to write much. It was a hard day. I tried to calm things down on campus, and it looks like we will be able to move forward with a more constructive attitude and less bitterness. I hope so. Tomorrow I am speaking at a radio workshop. I am on a panel about radio news writing. Tonight, I am grateful for:

  • My friends. I have many friends who help and support me. When I criticized something my friend Dan said today, he thanked me. Now that's a good friend.
  • My sangha. The group of friends I practice with spiritually. Even when I make mistakes, I know they will help and support me too.
  • My health. Although I have been under the weather lately, I am still basically healthy, and that is a true blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home