.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, March 24, 2006

TGIF

9 p.m.: At least I get to sleep in tomorrow!
Ideally, I like to get up at 6 a.m. every morning, but I have been so tired and run down from this lingering illness, that I just want more sleep. This morning I slept until 6:30, and then had breakfast and spent a little time on chores like laundry and dishes. Barbara and her mom are still very sick with the same bronchitis I had last week. It's tough.
At work, I had a good class and a couple of good meetings with students. I got a few items checked off my to do list, including finally getting the Blackboard Web site for my on-line class all updated through May. If my current students looked ahead to the last few weeks they would have seen references to last semester's dates. I finally got that all corrected. I also rewrote parts with fewer references to dates, so that it will be easier to update next semester. And I graded some more papers.
I also deleted a couple items from my list by simply deciding not to do them I had wanted to apply to go to the U.S. Peace Institute this summer. But I do not have the time to apply this week, and I don't really have the time to go to the institute over the summer if I were selected. I recognize that I am trying to do too many things, and I have to start eliminating some of them.
I need to prioritize and let some things go. But I can't let go of my family, my sangha, my work, and so I still have a very full life. It will seem easier when I am healthier.
(155/172)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home