.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Uh oh. I'm sick

I knew something was wrong when I was too weak to go for my morning run. When I got to work I was too weak to walk up the stairs. After I had a coughing fit, my colleague Cindy said if I didn't call my doctor, she would. So I did. My regular doctor was out, but her very able colleague heard my cough and said he didn't even need a stethoscope "to hear that bronchitis." But he did use his stethoscope and lots of other tools before deciding I had both bronchitis and a sinus infection. He proscribed an antibiotic and some bronchio-dilators. I went home finally feeling justified in feeling bad. I'll try to get a lot of rest.
(104/174)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home