.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Busy Tuesday

5:30: Another busy day. I slept in a little. Then I came to work, taught English, went to a baby shower for a colleague, taught journalism and had an hour-long phone conversation with my mentor in the Buddhist order. We discussed some aspirants whom I, in turn, am now mentoring.
9 p.m.: On the way home from work I picked up a pizza for the family, but I didn't eat that. I had a weight watchers shrimp marinara and a big salad. Then I had some Kashi Puffs cereal for dessert. We watched some dumb TV and then headed to bed. I have been putting off a little job of printing up "Sangha Cards" on my computer. They are little business cards that have contact information for the Cape Sangha. They are handy if someone asks me about the meditation group. This task has been on my "To Do" list for months. Finally, this evening, I was complaining to Barbara about how I have such a backlog of things to do, and she looked at the list and said,"Why don't you just go up and print the Sangha cards now?" So I did it, and it took less than 10 minutes. Wow! I can cross that off my list now!
(123/170)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home