.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, March 03, 2006

I Meditated!


10 p.m.: I had a wonderful day today, and I am convinced it is because I did my morning practice today. I got up and sat in silent sitting meditation for half an hour. It was wonderful. It felt wonderful at the time, and it felt wonderful all day long.
I shoveled my car out, with Barbara's help, and picked up Jesse and went in to school and taught my morning class. The students were not very responsive, but that didn't bother me. I had a lot of work to catch up on, but that didn't bother me. After class, two students were waiting for me, and that didn't bother me. I was able to help them both. I had a lunch meeting of the NCBI team, and that was delightful. The college president sat with us and that was nice too. After that I worked on the financial statement for the college newspaper, and that is not my strong point. But because of my practice I was patient enough to work it out. I came home for dinner and then went to the synagogue for our interfaith service. That was delightful. It is amazing how much we all have in common.
(210/171)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home