.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Living in the Present Moment

9 p.m.: Today was a day for me to be mindful and practice mindfulness. I graded some papers in the morning and then conducted the sangha in the afternoon. A reporter from The Register newspaper attended the sangha and interviewed me and several other members. I am looking forward to his story. This evening I am watching the Academy Awards. I hope Brokeback Mountain wins the best film, although I have not seen any of the other nominated films.
Thanks to my practice of mindfulness I have felt calm and peaceful all day.
(189/171)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home