.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Even Busier Wednesday




9:30: Yikes! What a day. I definitely have to resume my morning routine of running and meditation. When i skip it, I seem to get less accomplished. I slept until 7:30 and then had breakfast, picked up Jessi, picked up my shirts, got to school at 9 and taught mass comm. Then i had a department meeting, followed by a lunch meeting of us adjuncts for the Suffolk University program. I barely made it back in time for Journalism 2. After that I tried to get all my on-line papers corrected, but only got through four or five of them and it was after 7 p.m. So I came home, had dinner and then played a fun game of "Gimme Five" with my son, wife and mother-in-law. The women beat the men two games to zip, but they were close games. I didn't realize that the grilled cheese sandwiches I ordered for lunch would be 13 points on the Weight Watchers scale. That put me five points over my weekly allowance. I'll probably record a weight gain, instead of loss on the scale tomorrow morning, but that's OK. I know the long-range trend is still down. I'll do better next week.

Added later: I am going to try to change the photo in my profile to a more recent one. If I understand it correctly, I have to post it here first, so it has a URL. Here goes my attempt:

Well, It changed the photo if you go to "View my complete profile," but it didn't update the one that appears at the top of the blog. What's that about?
OK, a few minutes later, it did. I got my new photo!



(147/170)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home