.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Cold and Mindful Sunday

1 p.m.: This morning was a lazy day. I did not get up early, meditate, run or go to church. I just slept in and had a slow breakfast. I even forgot to take my morning injection of Byetta. Oops. I also forgot to test my blood sugar this morning, so I won't have those little numbers at the foot of my entry that indicate glucose level and weight.

This afternoon I have the regular sangha meeting at 4:30, preceded by our discussion group at 3, preceded by a meeting with an aspirant at 2:30, so I have to leave the house around 2. I guess I'll have to get lunch soon and get ready to go to that.

I will try to be as mindful as possible all day. I am glad Barbara and I got almost all my grading done yesterday, so that is not hanging over my head today. There is a light dusting of snow on the ground today, but the sun is shining.

About running: My little three-miles runs with Vivi in the morning are nice, but I want to take it to the next level. I want to get back into running thsi spring and summer. I used to run a lot of road races, and I think this is a good year to do that. I want to do more long runs and see if I can get in good enough shape to run another marathon in the fall. The Cape Cod Marathon is Sunday, Oct. 29, 2006. That's three days before my 58th birthday. If I aim for a long run once a month to build up to it, that should work :
March: 6 miles
April: 8 miles
May: 10 miles
June: 12 miles
July: 14 miles
August: 16 miles
September: 18 miles
October: 22 miles (early in the month)
October 29, 2006 : 26.2 mile Marathon

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Thanks for your visit Jim and for the link to plumville.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home