.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wonderful Wednesday

6:20 a.m.: I named this entry at 6:20 a.m. because I am determined to make this a wonderful day. I got up early to run, which is always a good start.
7:20 a.m.: Yes!!! It is going to be a wonderful day. Vivi and I had a terrific three-mile run. It was a little faster than I would have gone by myself, so I feel like I really pushed myself and got a good workout. Now I need to work hard all day and get caught up on my work.
2 p.m.: Yikes! So busy!
9-10 check email and prep for COM 105
10-11 teach COM 105
11-11:30 help student who missed earlier class
11:30-12: meet with Marybeth about plans for C&P committee, which I chair, (but she runs.)
12-1:30: Department meeting
1:30-2 gobble lunch at my desk (Jello and yogurt)
When will I ever get caught up?
8 p.m.: Well, the rest of the day was just as busy. More meetings and more classes. I did get a lot accomplished, including a note to my online students about writing blogs. I brought home a textbook to read in bed.
Whew!
(138/175)
Running: 3 miles

1 Comments:

Blogger jwkoncape said...

I guess I am lucky that I have a very safe place to run and I have a partner to run with. If you really want to run in the mornings, I think having a partner is the key ingredient.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home