.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Snowy run

8 a.m.: Vivi and I went for a run this morning in the snow. It was not actually snowing when we started out, but it started snowing along the way. By the time I got home, it was coming down so hard that it coated my glasses. She is going to be out of town Friday, Saturday and Sunday. She plans to run a half marathon in New York. Ah to be young again! I am going to be out of town Saturday, Sunday and Monday to attend rob;s ordination in Pennsylvania. So we will run together again on Tuesday morning.

I felt a little shaky when I awoke at 6, so I checked my blood sugar, and it was only 89. I quickly ate breakfast before the run, and felt fine.

Today is my long day. I have the night class from 6:30 until 9. I had better get to work planning it.
9:30 p.m.: The night class went very well. The students jump right into substantial discussions of the topics at hand. They are a rewarding group to work with.

The Weight Watchers meeting this morning was good. I lost one pound. That's not much, but it is in the right direction. The official scale said 175.6.
(89/176)
Running: 3 miles

1 Comments:

Blogger jwkoncape said...

Yes, Ben, I tell them you have succeeded and gotten promotions becasue you learned to write well.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home