.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Back to School

8 p.m.:
It was back to school after the winter break today.
I got up at 6 and went for a run with Vivi. That was no easy feat, since it was cold, dark and sleeting. But we went anyway! We kept congratulating each other on how dedicated we are. This was the day we decided to resume our morning runs, and we didn't want a little bad weather to get in our way.
I also ran despite a toothache that had been bothering me for two days. When I finally got to the dentist at 2 p.m. this afternoon, he said it was not the tooth at all, but probably the sinus right above it that was inflamed. After he explained it, it made sense. The pain has been subsiding all day, so I guess the pressure is lessening.
We had faculty workshops and meetings all day at work. It was very nice to get together with my colleagues again. At the meeting of the Committee on Curriculum and Programs I was elected chair, but it's a dubious honor. Nobody else really wanted to do the work.
Classes start tomorrow. I hope I get a good night's sleep tonight.
(181/175)
Running: 2 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home