.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

First Day of Classes

6 p.m.: I got up at 6 and ran 2 1/2 miles with Vivi today. That felt good.
Classes started today, and they went well. The only hitch was that I got mixed up about the times and dismissed one class half an hour early, but I am sure they didn't mind.
One other nice thing that happened is that our campus psychologist asked if I would participate in a workshop on stress reduction, teaching meditation. I said I would be delighted.
But the whole day was saddened by some tragic news. The 25-year-old son of one of my friends died, and the news was devastating to all of us. I don't have the words to express my sympathy to my friend, but I will have to try.
(161/175
Running: 2.5 miles

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy C. said...

My heart aches for your friend...I cannot (and would not like to) imagine saying goodbye to one of my dear children...

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home