.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday

11 a.m.: Hey, bloggers -- Last night (Saturday, Feb. 4) I could not access any sites on blogger.com between about 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. (Eastern time), and this morning it seems to be loading very slowly. Is anyone else having the same problems? I wonder if blogger.com got hit with a virus or some sort of cyber attack.

This morning I slept until 9 a.m., which is unusual for me. I must have needed the sleep. I was awakened by a call from my running buddy Alison, who wanted to go for a run. We went for a nice three-mile run around the neighborhood, but ended up stopping three times to chat with friends. That made it more social than athletic, but it was lots of fun. I hope to get more school work done before the sangha and Super Bowl.

Sundays should be days of mindfulness for me. I wonder if it is possible to watch the Super Bowl "mindfully."? Anyone out there have ideas on a Buddhist approach to professional football?

(122/172)
Running: three miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home