.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Finally Friday

7 a.m.: Vivi and I went for our run in spite of the fact that it was raining. She was so apologetic about missing yesterday that she decided to get up today no matter what! We compromised and did a shorter two-mile loop. Since I have only one class and no meetings today, perhaps I can get caught up on some of the things on my list -- like filling in my grade book and fixing the online assignments.

As a Buddhist, I should learn to be content with things as they are, yet I feel compelled to work to change things. I want the Interfaith Coalition to become a force for change on Cape Cod. I want the National Coalition Building Institute team to resolve conflicts. I want my college committee to help standardize and improve teaching standards, I want my sangha to help people find their own spiritual path, and, of course, I want to help my students become better writers and happier people. I am even trying to strengthen my family and help us all get along better. And I am working on my regime of diet and exercise to improve my physical health. Then there are these darn words and images on this blog -- why am I doing this? With all those things going on in my life I am too busy to figure out what it all means.
( 136/173)
Running: 2 miles

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it may be time to close your eyes for a moment and take a deep breath; maybe two.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home