.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Monday Monday


7:20 a.m.: I see the Blogger status site acknowledged that Blogger had major problems over the weekend. I was not able to access it during the troubles, of course. http://status.blogger.com/.

I had a good run with Vivi at 6:30. We did our regular run, which is about 2.5 or 3 miles. I was feeling a little stiff and sore, but it went fine once we got going.

For our one national shared experience, the Super Bowl was a little disappointing to me. The ball game was OK, but I didn't see any players who impressed me as being exceptionally good. Both teams made plenty of mistakes. The advertising was good, but -- again -- not spectacular. And I was embarrassed for Mick Jagger. At least when Paul McCartney gets out of breath, he can sit down at the piano and sing "Yesterday." Mick just looked too old to carry on like that. For god's sake, he's even older than ME!

I had a good morning class and meeting with the student newspaper folks. I had an afternoon meeting at Massasoit Community College. The meeting was good but not the drive home. It should have been an hour, but it took me nearly two because of traffic.

( 128/174)
Running: 3 miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home