.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Frigid Friday


8 a.m.: Brrrrr!
It was so cold I didn't even want to get out of bed this morning. But I skipped my run yesterday and felt guilty. So I dragged myself out of bed at 6. The thermometer said 22 degrees. With the wind chill, it felt like about 7 degrees, according to weather.com -- http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/hourbyhour/02638?locid=02638&from=36hr_topnav_outdoors -- but we ran anyway. After a mile I suggested to Vivi that we turn back early. My lips were so cold I could barely get the wrds out. I know my friends in New Hampshire will say it was a balmy day here, compared to there, but it was plenty cold enough for me.

10 p.m.: The day is ending as it began -- cold! I can't seem to get warm, so I am going to take a hot bath. But in the middle of the day I got a CAT scan, sorted through about 90 e-mails, organized a lot of papers, gave a talk to some young students with developmental disabilities, got a flu shot and plenty of other things to keep busy. I tried to watch the Winter Olympics on TV, but NBC is stretching it out to maximize the number of commercials. The opening ceremonies had already occurred, and yet they are making us hang on for three hours to watch them. I am giving up and going to bed.


(128/172)

Running: 2 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home