.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Busy Friday

11 p.m.: It is late at night, and this is the first time I got to write in my blog. Suffice it to say it was a busy day. I got up at 6 and went for a run and then meditated. (Way to go, Jim, good job!) Barbara and I had an appointment in the morning, and then I headed into the office. I had intended up update my online class, but got caught up "putting out fires" all afternoon. Then I had dinner with two aspirants I am mentoring in my Buddhist order. When I got home I put another coat of paint on the desktop I am making. It was a non-stop day.
(179/176)
Running: 2 miles

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jim, good job!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Wendy C. said...

Nice...don't you ust love a full day!
How long does it take you to run two miles? (I'm new to running...I go slooowwww)

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home