.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Snow and Mindfulness

2 p.m.: I stayed up last night to watch the Patriots get eliminated from the playoffs, and then I slept in until 9 a.m. this morning. I read in the paper that the Cape Cod Times is looking for an ombudsman. I think that would be a perfect job for me.

I put a third coat on the first side of my desk top. It still doesn't look as good as I like. Tomorrow I will try the third coat on the second side, and see how that looks.

This afternoon we have both the discussion group and the regular sangha sitting for the Cape Sangha. I am looking forward to that.

9:30 p.m.: It sure got cold quickly. The car doors were frozen shut. But I managed to get it, get it started and get to the sangha. The discussion group was excellent. We had 12 people there. Then the regular sangha started and there were 17 people -- that includes some of the same people, but not all. It was a gratifying turnout on such a cold and snowy day.

In the evening I watched West Wing.
(169/178)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home