.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

9 a.m.: Fortunately I am not a victim of Paraskevidekatriaphobia. That's fear of Friday the 13th.
http://www.wordspy.com/words/paraskevidekatriaphobia.asp

I had a nightmare last night and had a hard time sleeping. So I ended up sleeping in this morning until after 8 a.m. So much for my 6 a.m. routine. Oh well. I do the best I can.

I checked the sales of my book on Amazon.com, and it is climbing up the best-seller list. It's not exactly in the top 10, but it has made it into the top 100,000. It has been anywhere from 240,000 to over 1,000,000. But today it is down to 81,966, which is the lowest it has ever been, indicating that a lot more people are buying it this semester. That makes me very happy.

(158 /179)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home