.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Teaching is hard

9 p.m.: I skipped my morning run to get into work early. I wanted to finish correcting all the papers I had for English Comp before class. I also planned that class and the afternoon journalism class. I had about 30 e-mails to deal with at work too, several of them about the luncheon I am hosting for college newspaper advisers. It was a very busy day, but I felt like I taught two excellent classes. The journalism students kept asking questions after the class was over. That is always a good sign. I was at work from about 8 a.m. until nearly 6 p.m. After dinner Barbara and I made plane reservations for our trip to our 35th college reunion in Marietta, Ohio, in October.

The bad news is that I did not meditate, did not run and did not check my blood sugar. I'll do better tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home