.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Running Group

6:40 a.m.: I am looking forward to running group this evening. I tried to sleep in and skip my morning routine this morning, but I couldn't sleep. I guess the routine has become a habit. That's good.

10 p.m.: It never fails. If I skip my morning meditation and run I have a bad day, and if I do my morning meditation and run I have a good day. So today I skipped them and got into an awkward disagreement with a colleague. It used up a lot of time and emotional energy and made us both miserable. I was able to put that aside and do a good job teaching, but that's not the best part of the day.

Running group in the evening was wonderful. My friend Kathy was there, and we talked and encouraged each other through a tough workout. It was a small group tonight, so we were among the slowest runners in our group, but that was OK. After running I went to B2 Burritos and had a fruit smoothie with Alison, Jessi and Bobby. I enjoyed that very much. It made up for the rough time in the morning.

(181/176)
(Running: 5 miles?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home