.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Mindfully ailing

3 p.m.: Sunday is my day of mindfulness, so I will try to apply my Buddhist practice to my day today. In the present moment, I still feel very weak, but I think I am getting stronger. My family has been packing up and getting ready for their trip. I feel bad that I cannot go along, but I am also looking forward to the solitude.
9 p.m.: The peace and quiet is nice, but a little lonely. I'm going to get a good night's sleep tonight
(115/172)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home