.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mindful Sunday

1 p.m.: I got off to a good start today by going to church. I have been attending the Unity Church of the Light, and I recommended it to my running buddy Alison. Today she took me up on the idea, so we went together. It was a good service, with a guest speaker who gave an inspiring sermon.
9 p.m.: The afternoon and evening were wonderful too. The sangha went very well. A nice young man who has been coming to the sangha called me before hand and asked if I could read something by Thich Nhat Hanh. I found a new magazine interview with him, and it made an excellent reading. Everyone said it was terrific. Also I spoke with two other members before and after the sangha and helped them with some questions they had. All in all, I felt like it was a genuine day of mindfulness.
(117/172)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home