.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Bronchitis: Day Four

3:30 p.m.: I am taking the antibiotics and using the sprays and inhalers, but I still don't feel any better. I did get up and do some errands this morning, including taking Mom's car to the transmission shop, but then I was pretty much exhausted. I guess it takes a while. It is so similar to what happened in October. I guess I just have to keep resting. I am such a Type-A driven kind of guy I find it hard to do nothing.

This is from a random blog I found called, "Things that go .. wrrrr wrrrr bonk bonk" http://jacobrepp.blogspot.com/
Something to try
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal...along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.
(His sentence was, "Neither the cashier nor the customer would be able to leave until the "transaction" is completed." From The Best Software Writing I
My sentence was:
"When I go to the courthouse, I consider anybody who talks as a source -- from the janitor to the people who sell coffee."

From Writing and Reporting News (3rd edition) by Carole Rich. That was the closest book. (Well, actually The Elements of Style was right next to it, but it doesn't have 123 pages.)

(124/172)

1 Comments:

Blogger Zenmom, aspiring said...

Jim, I am reading The Theoretical Basis for Nursing and you don't want to know what's on page 123...or any other page.
Sorry you are still not feeling well. So hard to meditate with a stuffy nose, or not breathing well! The sangha was attended by something like 20 people this week! It wasn't the same as when you lead but it was still good!! Seems like a lot of new faces!
I'm off the end of the week if you need anything.
bowing
Susan

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home