.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sleepy Wednesday


10 a.m.: After watching the Orange Bowl football game until 1 a.m. I was exhausted. I slept until nearly 9 a.m. Barbara took the trash to the dump in the van while I ate breakfast so that we could then leave the van at the repair shop to get its emission-control system fixed. Later today I have an appointment to donate blood at a Red Cross Blood Drive.

The blood donation went well. The nurses had to check to make sure my Byetta was all right to take when donating blood. They decided it is fine. Later Barbara and I reorganized the Sangha library -- the books on Buddhism I lend to sangha members. We pared down he collection to fit in a smaller bookcase that I will bring into the classroom where we meet. Then we moved the bigger bookcase into the library, which is now has bookcases on almost all the wall space. It is beginning to look like a real library. I wonder how many books I own.
I watched a little of the Rose Bowl Game, but I got tired and went to bed before it was over. I just hope Texas does not win. George Bush has soured me on Texas.
(194/172)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home