.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

6 p.m.: Yes, it was a merry Christmas for our family. We woke up about 8 at the motel, and then drove over to Ben and Wolf's. Brandon has spent the night there. Nathaniel woke up soon after we arrived. We opened the Christmas stockings first and then paused for a light breakfast, which is always cinnamon rolls, by our family tradition. We used to make the boys frost them, but this time they made us frost them. After that we opened far too many presents. I most enjoyed giving Nathaniel gifts. I gave him two books. One, "The Little House," is much too old for him, but I will be able to read it to him in a couple years. The other was a plastic book with tabs that was designed for newborns. He absolutely loved chewing on the tabs, so it was a great success. We took a short break in the motel and then returned there for a mid-afternoon dinner of pot roast and vegetable they made in a crock pot. I just ate the veggies, but it was plenty. There were also home baked rolls and almond butter that was delicious. Ben and Wolf gave us two beautiful carved turtles and Brandon gave us an album of bluegrass music that included a version of "I Will" by Alison Krause. It is beautiful.
Around 5 we drove Brandon home so he could get ready for work. We are taking another short motel break, and then will return to Ben and Wolf's later this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home