.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve

Once again I got up at 6, which is a good start for my new leaf.
I didn't run, but I did make up a nice schedule to follow in the new year. It calls for me to run at 7:30 every morning.
(NOAA Photo)
This afternoon we get a visit form Barbara's brother Steve and his two daughters, Ellen and Laura. They will stay overnight and go see the sunrise tomorrow morning. I sure hope there is a sunrise. Weather.com calls for a 50% chance of snow at dawn tomorrow.
Ever since I gave up drinking in 1990, I have been going to see the sunrise on New Year's Day. It is a far better celebration of the new year than getting drunk the night before, in my view.

In the afternoon I met with Gretta Cuyler, who was an intern at the Cape Cod Times back in 1994. She wanted advice about getting back into journalism after a career in banking. I think I helped her a lot. It was nice seeing her again. Later I took a brisk walk around the block with Steve and Ellen. That was fun.
(173/171)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home