.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Sunrise at Fort Hill


Photo by Barbara J. Kershner

We began this year as we have for the last 10 or 15 years by watching the sunrise at Fort Hill in Eastham. It was heavily overcast, but finally the yellow sun peaked through the clouds, and it was beautiful. Barbara's photo of the sunrise captured it perfectly.

Perhaps in the new year some rays of sunshine will break through the cloudiness that has characterized so much of 2005. I hope so.

The sangha was lovely. At first only Tommie and I were there, and I suggested she only put out six chairs because I didn't' expect many people on New Year's Day. But to my surprise there were 13 folks when all was said and done. We had a good meeting.

I was very tired by the end of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home