.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Stormy Tuesday

7 a.m.: The National Weather Service is calling for a big storm in New England today, but it will be mainly rain over Cape Cod. I guess I'll just go about my regular plans, which include getting the van inspected this morning and having a couple of meetings at the college. This evening I want to watch the Orange Bowl football game, since Penn State is playing, and they are the No. 3 team in the nation this year.
I did get up for my morning meditation this morning. Now I just need to find a way to get back on my exercise routine.

Well, the van failed the inspection because of an air-pollution control issue, but Penn State did win the Orange Bowl. When I went to grad school at Penn State, we lived in graduate housing just down the street from the Penn State Nittany Lion Stadium. We couldn't afford tickets to the games, but we sure could hear them. Sometimes the Goodyear blimp floated over our apartment before game time.
Public Service Announcement: A Nittany Lion is a kind of mountain lion (cougar, puma, panther or painter) that once lived on Mount Nittany, a small mountain that rises in the middle of Happy Valley, where Penn State is located.
Anyway, the Orange Bowl game went on for five hours until the Lions finally pulled off a victory in the third overtime period. They beat Florida State 26-23. I stayed up until 1 a.m. watching it.
(176/172)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home