.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Asheville to Carlisle

9 p.m.: This morning we got up at 6 and packed up the van. We checked out of the hotel and picked up Brandon from his apartment at Turtle Creek. Then we returned to the Waffle House near the hotel for breakfast. (It was only about a 10-minute drive each way) We expected to meet Ben there, but it turned out Nathaniel was awake, so he and his mother came too. So it was all seven of us for breakfast at the Waffle House. We took over two booths at the end of the restaurant and had a terrific breakfast. I enjoyed two waffles, and Nathaniel enjoyed chewing on an empty plastic bowl. After a while we had to take turns carrying him around, but that was OK.

After breakfast we returned Brandon to his apartment and headed homeward. We left town about 9 a.m. and got to Carlisle about 6:30. The sunset was spectacular over the Shenandoah Valley. We had dinner at Pizza Hut and ice cream sundaes for dessert at Friendly's. My blood sugar has been steadily improving, so I had a sugar-free ice cream with sugar-free fudge sauce. It wasn't too bad.

One more day, and we'll be home. I am really looking forward to it.
(148/170)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home