.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Monday, January 02, 2006

First Monday

Well, I did not get up at 6 to meditate and run. I was so tired I just slept in. Now I have to forgive myself for that and move on.
I went into the college about 9 and caught up on a little work. I did some preparation for the National Coalition Building Institute meeting next week and went through some of the stacks on top of my desk.
I had lunch with my friend Steve and then went to the mall, where I picked up a stereo system I have been eying for quite some time. It usually sells for $150 to $170, but I got it on clearance for $99. We hooked it up, and it sounds terrific. It's a one-piece unit that replaces five separate components we have been using for nearly 30 years. They didn't work any more anyway.

At dinner last nihgt I realized I had forgotten to take my Byetta injection before eating. The instructions say to just skip it until the next meal. Darn! I would like to keep on track with that. After dinner I watched a little football -- the Fiesta Bowl -- Ohio State beat Nortre Dame.
(178/172)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home