.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Mindful Sunday

11 a.m.: I try to make every Sunday a Day of Mindfulness.
This morning I did not get up at 6, but slept until 9:30!
I am a little sore from yesterday's three-mile run.
Today I want to do more reading about NCBI -- the National Coalition Building Institute. I am attending a workshop about it Monday and Tuesday.

2 p.m.: This afternoon my son Ben send me a not that he found my book, The Elements of News Writing, mentioned in a course outline at San Jose State University. The professor there adopted my journalism textbook and said, "It's a new book that I like a lot." That really made my day! I sent the professor an email telling him so. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0205386512/qid=1098023595/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-6304972-2938318?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

I also got to read about the NCBI. I am very impressed with the wonderful things this organization does to resolve conflicts.

11 p.m.: I had a good time at the sangha. An old friend, Andy, from the days when the sangha met at our house was there. We had some excellent meditations and a little discussion. After that I drove up to Boston and picked up my friend Dan, who was arriving from a week in Scotland. It was great to have the time to talk with Dan. We are both so busy it seems we don't get as much time to talk as we used to.

(145/174)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home