.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Whew!

4 p.m.: The week is finally over. I am exhausted. I did a short version of the village loop this morning and dragged through the day. This afternoon I tried to locate four students who have not logged onto the online English class I teach. I left messages on their answering machines. Monday morning I will delete them form the class if I have not heard from them. I hate to lose students, but they could not get caught up any more.

Barbara has been working at home making preparations for us to paint a bedroom in our house. Our son Brandon is living in North Carolina now, and his room has not been painted since we moved in in 1983. It really needs it. But that requires moving everything out, which is quite a project. We are hoping to get it all finished by next Tuesday when my brother arrives for a visit.

(Running: 2.5 miles)

1 Comments:

Blogger One said...

You have failed in your mission.

Your post resembled the others in style and content because even though you made no mention of the rain (a truly English trait, by the way, which may betray some connection with the UK in your past), you spoke again about that infernal village loop and the paucity of regularity in your students' attendance records;

As for directly giving an outstanding example of a journalistic report that grips the reader by dint of a tremendous introduction:

"The week is finally over. I am exhausted. I did a short version of the village loop this morning and dragged through the day..."

does not compel me to read on in detail.

Professor of Journalism, having looked for your book on Amazon. I have not found it there. I have read your blogs and I am not feeling gripped.

I therefore conclude that something is amiss...

My link to your blog will self-destruct in 48 hours...

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home