.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Another Sunny Sunday

7 p.m.: It was a beautiful day today. I finally got caught up on my sleep. I slept from about 11 last night until 9 this morning. I guess I needed 10 hours sleep. In the morning I got frustrated with the problems with my computer. It is getting more and more sluggish. I can't seem to fix it. I have run all the virus and spyware checkers and de-fragged, and all that. I think the processor may be damaged. At one point I was getting much too frustrated, and Barbara told me to go meditate for 20 minutes. That was a great idea. It turned my day around.
In the afternoon, I wanted to go for a run, and I convinced Barbara to bring her Mom and go with me to Gray's Beach, where there is a beautiful boardwalk across the marsh. Our friend Sam stopped by, and he came along too. They dropped me off at the park that is about 1.5 miles form the beach. I ran to the beach while they drove. Then I ran out the boardwalk and back. That is my favorite part because the wooden planks of the boardwalk give a little underfoot, creating a springlike feeling. Then I ran back to the park. The others drove back and picked me up on the way home. It was a lot of fun.

Then I went to the Sangha. It was a small turnout (six of us), but it went well. One man was there for the first time. He had been referred to the sangha by his psychologist. That made me feel good. He said it was the most relaxed and peaceful he had felt in a long time.

This evening I plan to watch the season premier of West Wing.

(Running: 4 miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home