.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

After the rain

7:40 a.m.: We had a big rainstorm last night. I think it may be related to the remnants of Hurricane Rita. But this morning was warm and clear. Vivi and I rant the Village Loop. I am scheduled to have lunch with the college president and some other clergy to discuss Interfaith things. That should be interesting. I am looking forward to the premiere of a new TV show, "Commander in Chief," this evening. Geena Davis plays the president of the U.S.

Speaking of Hurricane Rita, our friends Gary and Sue Carson were planning on visiting yesterday, but Rita changed their plans. Their home in Corpus Christi was spared, but their travel plans involved Houston, so they could not make it. They have postponed the trip a couple of weeks.

8:45 p.m.: The lunch in the president's office was very interesting. There were several people form various faiths, including Dianne, the head of the Cape Cod Council of Churches. We had a good discussion and an excellent lunch.

When I got home at 6 p.m., Alison called and asked if I wanted to go for a run. I suggested the Gray's Beach run I had done Sunday, so we did that. We got to the boardwalk just at sunset, and the sky was absolutely gorgeous, with bright red clouds floating above Cape Cod Bay. I was tired running back, but it was certainly worth it. Now my legs are very tired, but I am happy.

(Running: 5.5 miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home