.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Lazy Saturday

7 p.m.: Well not too lazy. I did get up at 5:45 and have breakfast and then go for a 2.5 mile run with Vivi again at 6:45. But then I was extremely tired. I did get eight hours sleep last night, but it seems like that wasn't enough. After a shower I fell asleep on the couch for a little nap in the morning. I watched news of Hurricane Rita. It doesn't seem fair that the Gulf Coast is getting slammed again. Our friends Gary and Sue Carson are supposed to visit Monday. They live near Corpus Christi, which apparently got spared this time. I hope everything is OK with them. Gary was supposed to be in Houston Friday, and that city did get hit hard. I assume he got out before the storm came ashore.

I graded my mass comm papers and most of the English papers in the afternoon, but felt very tired. I'll have to go to bed early and try to get all caught up on sleep tonight.
(Running: 2.5 miles.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home