.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Rain predicted

7:30 a.m.: It was a beautiful sunny, warm morning. I wore my long sleeves and long running pants for the Village Loop this morning, but I was overdressed. The weather forecast calls for rain, but it looks sunny and bright. I am tempted to take my motorcycle to work, but I had better not, since I am not returning until 9 p.m., and the weather can change dramatically by then.

I brought some garden snips along with me on the run today. We cut through a short path in the woods that connects two roads. It is a little overgrown, so I brought the snips to trim a few small branches. There is a house under construction near the path, but we have never seen anyone there. As soon as I started my snipping this morning a truck drove up. What timing! I finished quickly and we took off. I don't know if they would care anyway, but it must have looked strange to see someone trimming bushes on their property.

6:15 p.m.: Yes, the rain finally arrived around 5 p.m. I am glad I am not on the bike. I accomplished a lot today. These Thursdays are very, very long days.


(145/175)
(Running: 2.5 miles)

2 Comments:

Blogger One said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:22 PM  
Blogger One said...

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a blog post that does not resemble all the others, makes no mention of the rain or your run or what time you got up; and directly gives an outstanding example of a journalistic report that grips the reader by dint of a tremendous introduction.

This comment will self-destruct in 3 seconds....

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home