.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Family wedding

Today was the day of the big wedding. That is why we flew from Cape Cod to San Francisco. And at the reception the whole family was up and dancing to the song, "We are a family." That's what it is all about. My wife's mother got to see all four of her children -- all over 50 -- together for the first time in about 10 years. That was nice.

It was her oldest son, Ed, whose daughter Nicole got married. Nicole looked beautiful, as did her twin sisters Natalie and Emily, who were the bridesmaids. The three girls are all very close, and they were radiant today. At the reception, they danced and danced and danced.

When you ask people what is important in life, most people say it is family, and we certainly felt that today. Even though this is a family I entered through marriage, I feel like I am a part of it, and I was thrilled to be a part of this family celebration today.

In the morning before the wedding I took another four-mile run along the Bay trail along the San Francisco Bay. After breakfast we took a drive out to Half Moon Bay on the Pacific Coast. It was very pretty.

(Running: four miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home