.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Why are vacations so stressful?

We are leaving tomorrow morning for a vacation in San Francisco. The main purpose is to take my mother-in-law out to see the wedding of one of her granddaughters. As it turns out, all four of her children will be together there, so it will be a nice family reunion. I love San Francisco, so I am looking forward to it. Runners World said it is the best running city in the nation. I am planning to try a beautiful run from the Prisidio to Golden Gate Bridge.

But the preparation is stressful. Getting ready, packing, getting the house ready and all that stuff is a nightmare. I am exhausted. We have people housesitting and taking care of our pets -- one cat and one box turtle -- and we have to make all those preparations. I guess I should let go of all the feelings of stress and concentrate instead on how fortunate we are to be able to take a cross-country trip and see so many of my wife's relatives.

I don't know if I will be able to keep up this blog during the trip. I am taking my lapop, but I am not sure if there will be a connection at the hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home