.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Beautiful Day

Sunday dawned sunny, mild and beautiful. I couldn't decide whether to go to church or join my friends who run on Sunday morning at the same hour. Well, it turned out my friends were run running this morning. I had a long slow breakfast and read the paper until it was too late to make the 10 a.m. service at the Unity Church, so I ended up skipping both. It's after 10 now, and I hope to accomplish a lot today: more painting, some gardening, mowing the lawn, taking care of business and fixing our mailbox. I wonder how much of this I will actually get to
Stay tuned.
It is 8 p.m. now, and I did pretty well. I did some gardening, which was very rewarding. I have a small vegetable garden, about 10-by 20. It is doing well. The tomatoes, potatoes and squash all have flowers on them. I harvested some spinach, although it will probably be bitter, since the weather has been so warm. I also sawed off a few branches that were too close to the house. Finally we got to painting the trim again, and we worked for about three hours, getting most of the side of the house done. At 3:30 I cleaned up and went to the Buddhist meditation group I lead -- the Cape Sangha. There were only four of us today, but it was a nice, calming experience. After I returned home, I ran to the beach again. This time I did not go into the water because it was too chilly. It was still a nice run of about five miles. That's four days in a row I think.


(179/170)
(Running: 5 miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home