.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Mindful Sunday

8 a.m.: I woke up at 6 and did my morning meditation. I called Steve at 7 and then did some writing.
8 p.m.: It was, indeed, a mindful day. After Breakfast I attended Steve's Unity Church service. The Unity Church of the Light has a nice new Web site. http://www.yeahgod.org/ I enjoyed the meditation there, and Steve offered a beautiful sermon on love, drawing upon Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet. Somehow my glasses fell apart during the service, but a nice woman found some scotch tape to hold them together until I got home.
After lunch I got ready for our discussion group and then the regular sangha sitting. There were fewer people than last time (only eight) but the discussion was wonderful. It was a spiritual experience for all of us, I am sure.

(198/171)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home