.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Last day of classes

7 a.m.: I slept well last night and got up at 6 for my morning meditation. That feels so good. Now if I can just get running again, my life will be back in place. Today is the last day of classes. I am just checking journals in English and collecting portfolios in journalism. I had better get a lot of grading done. I hope to get my Suffolk grades turned in.

8 p.m.: I did get a lot of work done, but I couldn't get my Suffolk grades turned in because one student in the class was not on the final grade sheet. I need to straighten that out. I had a wonderful last class in both English and journalism. The journalism students, especially, seemed very appreciative and grateful. Their portfolios are excellent. I got a thrilling thank-you letter from one student who said I turned her life around. That is so gratifying.
(212/170)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home