.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Long day Thursday

I spent part of Thursday on the phone with the Visiting Nurses Association scheduling a little training session so I could learn how to inject my new diabetes medication. This is all new to me. It is not insulin, but Byetta, a new drug that holds great promise. I start tomorrow. Byetta is derived from teh saliva of the gila monster, a poisonous lizard of the Southwest U.S. and northern Mexico. So the big question is can lizard spit successfully treat my diabetes?

Classes went well, especially journalism, where I did not have a plan in advance. I just winged it, and it was one of the best classes of the year.

After media ethics tonight we head for Sam Diego's for drinks. (Mine will be non-alcoholic.)

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.savetherainforest.org/
Many people don't realize that most of the new miracle drugs are coming from animals and plants, many thousands of species of which are being distorted daily by the destruction of our planet's rainforests.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home