.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Grading all day

6 p.m.: I did not get up at 6. I got up at 7 in time to call Steve, but then I went back to bed and slept until 10. I thought that would take care of my headache, but it persisted most of the day. After a late breakfast at 10 I graded papers all day, with 45 minutes on and 15 minutes off. I guess I did that six or seven times. This evening I am going out to dinner with my buddy John McDonough. He and I are going to surprise out waiter, Joe Navas, who we both had in class. He is a talented writer, but a good waiter too. In fact I already mentioned Joe and posted his photo in this blog on Nov. 26 as the winner of the Andrea Holden Road Race. He works at an excellent restaurant named Abba. http://www.abbarestaurant.com/ Should be fun.
(171/171)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home