.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Two classes Tuesday

Back to the old routine. I ran the Village Loop in the morning and then rode my motorcycle into the campus. I had already corrected the papers for English Composition, so that went well. Then I had to frantically grade papers and prepare for my afternoon class -- journalism.

On Monday afternoon I was interviewed by a reporter for the Cape Cod Times about the sale of a local weekly to the owners of the Times. In today's story none of my quotes appeared. I guess they cut them for space reasons, but I wonder if they decided not to print comments that may have appeared critical of the trend toward chain ownership and the decrease in competition. They are claiming that the competition will remain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home