.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Full Schedule

6:30 a.m.: I did my good morning routine this morning, and now I face an overflowing schedule. I have English class at 11, a MainSheet meeting at 12:30, Journalism class at 2, an orientation for my online students at 3:30, a meeting of the Interfaith Council at 4 and Media Ethics class at 6:30. Unfortunately there are a lot of other things to do among all that. I will have to stay focused. Fortunately, meditating and running in the morning really helps me to stay focused.

9:30 p.m.: Whew! It was quite a day, but I made it! It was hard work, but it was gratifying. I feel that I am a good teacher, and that keeps me going. When I got home around 9 I just collapsed on the couch and ate some fruit while I watched an episode of Everwood I had not seen before. It's just a nighttime soap opera, but I still enjoy it.

(193/171)
(Running: 3 miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home