.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Finally Friday

6:30 a.m.: After a long hard week, we are finally at Friday. This should be an easy day, since I have only one class to teach. I hope I can organize and clear some of the clutter on my desk. I have done my morning meditation and exercises and I am going to run with Vivian. Then I'll take Jessi into school. I volunteered to cover a reading class for another professor who couldn't make it to campus this morning. Then I have Survey of Mass Communication at noon. I have to remember to eat good meals. I didn't do too well on that yesterday.

9:30 p.m.: Yes, I ate well and took care of myself and go through the day just fine. After work, I went for a second three-mile run with Alison, and then rested on the couch. I watched the concert for Hurricane Katrina victims. We have already donated to the Red Cross, and I don't think we can afford to give any more right now. Sunday night at the 9/11 service, I will ask people to make donations, so maybe I can help that way.

(186/172)
(Running: 6 miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home